A 368-page hardback, this is the essential book for any fan of Warhammer 40,000 – everything you need to know to collect, build, paint and play with Citadel miniatures. It starts with an overview of the Warhammer 40,000 hobby, covering the four areas of Collect, Built, Paint and Play, including descriptions of open, matched, and narrative play.
The first section of the core rules covers the basic rules of the game, and takes you through the rules that apply to the seven phases of the game: the Command phase, Movement phase, Psychic phase, Shooting phase, Charge phase, Combat phase and Morale phase.
Additional rules also cover:- Playing missions and the process of building an army in readiness, using either Power Rating or points values- Battle-forged and Unbound armies, as well Command points that Battle-forged Armies can utilise- Battlefield Roles and 11 types of Detachment that can be included in your armies- Seven Core Stratagems that are universal and available to every army in Warhammer 40,000- Strategic Reserves – the option to hold back units during deployment and even send them to outflank the enemy line- Actions – such as planting explosives, hacking into a databank, or performing a ritual – and how they can be performed (and in some cases, prevented)- Rules for terrain features, such as Hills, Obstacles, Area Terrain and Buildings, including traits the terrain might have and its impact on the battlefield- Hints and tips for setting up a suitable battlefield, in terms of density and type of terrain, type of terrain, and ensuring that neither side of the battlefield is preferential to the other.
Includes the following:
- How to gather a Crusade force, and how it gains experience and levels up over its series of games
- A balancing mechanic to allow for any two Crusade forces, from the greenest band of soldiers to the most legendary squad of battle brothers to be able to play an evenly matched game of Warhammer 40,000
- Blank, photocopiable Crusade Cards and Order of Battle sheet for keeping track of your forces.
- Four tables of Battle Honours – Battle Traits, Weapon Enhancements, Psychic Fortitudes and Crusade Relics – each offering different in-game bonuses and effects that the unit has earned through numerous hard-fought battles
- A Battle Scars table for those units who fail to emerge from their battles unscathed…
- Guidance on setting up and playing a Crusade narrative play game through to a conclusion, determining a victor, and updating your Crusade Cards and Order of Battle
- A list of 17 different Agendas that players can choose from, split over five separate categories.
- 18 bespoke Crusade missions, each specifically designed around the size of the game being played: three for Combat Patrol, six for Incursion, six for Strike Force, three for Onslaught.
Warhammer 40,000 Core Rule Book
Free Domestic Shipping
Shipping is included to all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico
Please email us at contact@westpointtoys for a shipping quote
Free In-Store Pickup
ALL orders are FREE to collect at the Epic Robo-Spider Homeworld storefront in Highland Falls, NY.
Freeturns as we call them. If for any reason at all, you're not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to us for a refund, or exchange it for something else. All we ask is the product still be in its original packaging and you have your proof of purchase and we'll be happy to help. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org